- China has CLOSED all 16 temporary coronavirus hospitals in Wuhan. They don’t have enough new cases to support them.
(Source: New York Post and many others)
- Doctors in India have successfully treated an Italian COVID-19 patient. The combination of drugs used include Lopinavir, Ritonavir, Oseltamivir and Chloroquine. ( Source : Times of India)
- A team of 10 scientific researchers from the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam and Utrecht University say they are the first in the world to discover an antibody capable of fending of an infection by COVID-19. The discovery could lead to an antiviral medication.
(Source: NL Times, Erasmus Magazine)
- A 103 year old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for six days in Wuhan, China,
( Source: Daily Mail UK, MSN, Euro Weekly News)
- Apple has reopened all of its retail stores in China.
(Source: BBC , Business Insider)
- Cleveland Clinic has developed a Covid-19 test that gives results in hours,not days.
( Source: Fox 8 News, News 5 Cleveland, Cleveland Clinic)
- Good News from South Korea, there the number of new cases is declining.
( Source: BNO Newsroom, NBC News)
- Multiple potential COVID-19 vaccines are currently in development and testing, with at least three in U.S.
(Source: NBC News)
- The first three people to test positive for Covid-19 in the state of Maryland have recovered and are able to resume their normal lives. The three include a married couple in their 70’s and a woman in her 50’s.
(Source: Fox 5 D.C.)
- A team of Canadian scientists have successfully isolated and grown copies of the coronavirus- bringing the world a step closer to finding a vaccine.
(Source: New York Post)
- A San Diego biotech company is developing COVID-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.
(Source: CBS 8 News San Diego )
- The first person to test positive for COVID-19 in Oklahoma has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.
(Source: Tulsa World, News 4 Oklahoma)